POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Another old work (40kbu) : Re: Another old work (40kbu) Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:30:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another old work (40kbu)
From: Renderdog
Date: 30 Jan 2003 19:00:05
Message: <web.3e39bba978115a5dc172def40@news.povray.org>
>Comments?

Very very nice. The soft shadows are beautiful and the rubble looks great.
I've noticed it's hard to get realism in a dark scene, without a light
source to pick up the normals, but this looks good. Since the door is
broken, maybe add some pieces of wood on the ground. I can't tell what the
walls on either side are made out of.

The spaceship looks like it came out of Buckaroo Banzai; nice. Some
contrails might give it some speed and direction. Perhaps some small arms
fire from the ground, possibly even hitting the ship?

The explosions look a tad too solid. Rune has some great realistic
explosions at his website.

Excellent perspective.